Sunday, February 6, 2011

The past view days I've been working on some trees to dress up the base I'm planning. I made two trees but only one will end up on the base.

I spent about 2 or 3 evenings adding dried roots to the first structure (just a couple of twigs glued together) but I could have spent weeks to get a beter result. The white stuff in the picture is Das airdrying  modeling clay.

Here the tree is primed with a light grey primer. Next the tree was airbrushed entirely black, I forgot to take photographs, my apologies for that. 

After the initial black coat, three or four coats of various greens and greys were misted on. I splatered on some yellow-green and grey spots, followed by a brown wash.

Airbrushing all those branches caused a lot of overspray by the way. Using Vallejo acrylics I'm used to airbrushing indoors, but next time I'll take my airbrushing outside. Making a tree was fun to do, there is still some work to be done, but I beter concentrate on the layout of the base now.