Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas to everyone

I would like to wish everyone who might have stumbled here a very merry Christmas and a great 2011. Before the end of this year I intend to finish my M4A1, so I have one week left. Hope to present something finished here at the start of next year. My intention for the next year is to be more productive, I hope to finish 2! kits ( well we see about that) and to update this blog more frequently.

Thank you for visiting this blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

DML M4A1 75mm

Yet another update.

I added some more mud, this time the tracks and glacis received a mixture of Vallejo paints, talcum powder and acrylic medium.

Somehow I managed to knock of the holder of the right-headlight-plug and the MG-clamp from the turret roof (that part got lost arghh. I spend hours scratching that)

M4A1 75mm

Here's a, much overdue, update.

For the tankcommander I converted an old Italeri plastic figure with a pair of Verlinden hands and a Hornet head. The arms and some details were sculpted with Duro and Magic Sculp.

Painting is done with Vallejo acrylics, which is a first for me.
The figure in its new home

The tank received it's first coat of paint.

details painted and weathering in process with the help of oils.

mud added in the form of Vallejo paints, talcum powder and acrylic medium.

Monday, February 1, 2010

M4A1 75mm DML

This is the DML kit from the 90's, I'm using a list of tweaks from Tim Streeters very useful web site to make some corrections and bring the kit to a somewhat higher level of detail. Besides the DML kit, I used Formations tools and early .50 MG, the towcable and the .30 barels are from Karaya.

The vehicle i'm trying to depict is one from the 1st Armored Division at Anzio in the spring of 1944. Somethings I noticed are that these 1st AD shermans used sparetracks as addon armor on the glacis, the .50 barrel clamp was relocated to the rear lefthand corner of the turret and they had a second camouflage colour aplied over the normal OD finish.